Quick Tip From the Author

To understand the full scope of the blog, begin with the 2009 posts and read forward. Thanks!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Why This Blog?

My name is Cathy. I am a former member of Milestone Church in Keller, TX. My family and I were kicked out in May of 2009. This blog tells our story.

I think if you're going to embark on this journey with me, a legitimate question is, "Why are you doing this?" Is it for revenge? To make people "pay?"

I've had to think long and hard about this. I've talked to the Lord and He's talked to me. One thing that He spoke clearly to me was that my motives can't be about "getting back at people." I believe that the Lord spoke to me that I was not to publish a word of any of this until I felt I had truly forgiven those involved.

That was difficult. I have been through the emotions of shock, disbelief, and even hatred. I am just now getting to the point that I can again feel love for the people who have hurt me so badly this past year. And I think that's really what's driving me. Love for the ones who hurt me, love for the ones who rejected us, love for those who are now being or are going to be hurt. I know that sounds really self-appreciating but it's the truth as far as I can see it.

So, as we move forward, please know that in examining my own heart, I feel I've got good motives. I'm not out to destroy people but am very interested in bringing light and truth to the situation because I think that they heal.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for how they treated you, and for how they made you feel, but I think you should talk with God and see whether you should have abandoned them just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are still the church and though they've made painful mistakes, you now have knowledge of that and if you expressed your experience to them you could prevent them from making the same mistake with countless other woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel they may be one of the best churches in keller. I've never been, but have met Ryan roberts and a few other great people from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may have had that experience that you would use it for the advancement of the kingdom of God. Milestone is probably unaware of these issues to be honest. I bet they'd love to hear your story and learn from it

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may have had that experience that you would use it for the advancement of the kingdom of God. Milestone is probably unaware of these issues to be honest. I bet they'd love to hear your story and learn from it

    ReplyDelete