Quick Tip From the Author

To understand the full scope of the blog, begin with the 2009 posts and read forward. Thanks!

Saturday, November 23, 2013

That's Not Very Mature of You…..

As I continue to work through my thoughts and feelings about Milestone Church, I realize quite a bit about the word "maturity."

Because I was subjugating myself to people who claimed to be more mature in Christ, the entire debacle was quite confusing to me.  Surely, if this was "maturity," then everything MUST be my fault, right?  Because they were so "mature,"

I think watching this Danny Silk video on honor in relationships really helped me.


What I've realized is the mark of spiritual maturity.  It's certainly not saying, "Hey, trust me, I'm a mature Christian."  No.

The mark of maturity is how that person deals with immature people.  Do they deal with others in understanding and grace?  Do they draw out the best in them?  Are they capable of remaining Christlike in the face of another's un-Christlikeness?  Do the actions of others turn them into something different or do they remain loving, graceful and calm?

So, in short, my assessment of myself  during the Milestone incident isn't as mature as I would've liked. But my assessment of Jeff Little, his wife, Tommy and Janna Briggs, Derrick and Russell Ann Wilson, and everyone on staff or in leadership at the church is much worse.  See, they were the ones claiming to be more "mature" than I was.  They were claiming to be "in the right."

Can't prove it by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment